Monday, November 13, 2017

Oct 29, 2017

The sun came out this morning. I was sitting at the bow as it broke through, a cup of tea in hand. The air temp was inching up to 70 and no wind at all.

I met Jim later at the International Café for croissants and coffee. My wanderings had finally located some comfortable chairs in the, oh-duh, library. Almost all the other chairs in all the other bars and rooms are too short in the seat and/or they sloop to the front. I guess a million butts sitting on them has broken the stuffing down.

We attended the lecture on Cabo San Lucas, our first port of call. A geologist, sort of an Indiana Jones type, told us all the sites to see and how to spend a lot of money. Also, how to get sunburned, drunk, hassled and left behind. He was pretty entertaining, but it left both Jim and I with a “why bother” sort of feel about the place. We will probably go late and leave early, just so we can say we’ve been.

Had a late breakfast/early lunch on the Lido deck, listening to football on the big screen, then spent some time sunbathing. We went back to our room to lounge on the balcony and watch the water flow by. It is really blue today.

I joined a Flash Mob class and learned the moves to second the part, the “Celebrate” portion of the dance. There will be three pieces and we shall gather to flash mob dance on the last day at sea. There was a tiny white woman on my left and a tinier Asian woman on my right and they ran me into the ground, to the count of eight.

At 3, we attended the Maître D’ wine tasting seminar. Sat with some folks from Arizona who wanted to know all about the fires. They had friends in that area. The wines were quite good, paired with the canapes (champagne and cavier – who knew?) and the host was jolly. Told a joke about his grandfather, drinking too much on Halloween. His wife surprised him when he came home, jumping out of the closet wearing a devil custom. “You don’t scare me,” he said. “I married your sister.”


Afterwards, we listened to the Budapest classical trio again and had a few more cocktails. The bartender, Honey, let us know if we ordered Jack Daniels instead of Markers Mark, she could pour us doubles. It has to do with the cost, Jack being less expensive than Makers. Great, just what we need, doubles.

Had dinner at the Bordeaux again, gotta love passing the line up using the Club Card. Salmon and Caesar for me, pork chop and seafood cocktail for Jim.

We listened to some more music afterwards, B&B in hand but I for one was done-done-done. An early bed for me but Jim stayed up late, adding this narrative to the blog.



------------------------------------

No comments: