Sunday, November 19, 2017

Nov 1, 2017

Slept in till 6am – big time for me. It was a nice morning, warm, no wind. I think I’ve had it with crowds. The chatter at breakfast was irritating.

Went back to the room and Jim and I went to get coffee downstairs. Searched the library for a new book and the sudoku. Went to another lecture, this one on Costa Rica, and again, I think we’ll stick to the beach. There’re lots of excursions but the idea of getting on a bus for an hour’s ride, look at the monkey/butterfly/volcano and a steam table lunch just doesn’t appeal.

We went back to the room to nap and sit in the sun on our balcony. Jim spotted sea turtles and a couple of porpoises. Didn’t really go out again till classic music time. Came back to the room after a couple of cocktails and watched the last world series game. Whoo-whoo.


Dined at the Bordeaux. Jim had fruit and seafood cocktail, duck ala orange; I had pate with aspic and surf and turf. I had delicious nectarine ice cream with a rhubarb sauce and a weird napoleon, completely tasteless. Then read and bed early. 



No comments: