Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thump thump thump

Today is the day, or tonight is the night; at about 5:00 pm I'm going to do something I haven't done since Junior High School. I'm taking a guitar lesson.  I tried to do this last summer but it just never worked out. Leave it to that Daughter of Mine to put things together. She got me a couple of lessons for Christmas.

Now a simple guitar lesson would be just that, simple, so that will never do. What is coming down, in about 4 hours, is Mr. Travis James is going to be giving the lesson. This is just too way cool, and quite intimidating. For those not in the know Mr. James is a major part of a local band The Highway Poets. The Highway Poets were known as Hillside Fire until they decided to add more bluegrass into their sound.

Marisa Tomei said to Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny, " you'll do fine...as long as you don't fuck-up" I kinda know how Joe must have felt with such wonderful advice. I can feel my heart going 'Thump thump thump' in anticipation.
I have been "playing at" as opposed to "playing the" guitar for, jeepers 40 years and never got good and comfortable with it. So now that I'm out of work and have the time, let's do this thing. I do have 2 guitars one electric and one acoustic which kinda covers all the angles.

Well 3 hours to go, guess I'll take a tub, maybe warm up my fingers, too early to drink. Scary stuff...stay Tooned

No comments: